(PRESS RELEASE/Washington State House Republicans)
Rep. Jacquelin Maycumber
Wilcox named leader of House Republicans…
Rep. J.T. Wilcox has been re-elected as Leader of the Washington State House Republicans. The 2nd Legislative District lawmaker was chosen for the leadership post during the caucus’s reorganizational meeting which was conducted online and remotely today.
“It is an honor to serve with these great lawmakers. What I have learned about our members is that we run toward challenges during difficult times, not away from them. And that is what you are seeing right now as we call for a special session to address our state’s health and economic crisis,” said Wilcox, R-Yelm. “We look forward to the work ahead and being a part of solutions, when possible. And we will continue to speak up for the people who feel like they are being ignored in Olympia.”
The Washington State House Republicans also elected the rest of their leadership team:
- Deputy Leader: Rep. Joel Kretz, 7th Legislative District (Wauconda)
- Caucus Chair: Rep. Paul Harris, 17th Legislative District (Vancouver)
- Floor Leader: Rep. Jacquelin Maycumber, 7th Legislative District (Republic)
- Assistant Floor Leader: Rep. Drew MacEwen, 35th Legislative District (Union)
- Assistant Floor Leader: Rep. Chris Corry, 14th Legislative District (Yakima)
- Whip: Rep. Dan Griffey, 35th Legislative District (Allyn)
Additional leadership positions and House committee assignments will be announced at a later date.
The 2021 legislative session will begin January 11 and is scheduled to run 105 consecutive days.