I was born and raised in Chewelah with my 8 brothers and sisters. Four of us still live here and have raised our families here, all going through the Chewelah schools.
I graduated from what is now the middle school, it was in bad shape 40+ years ago and never improved. Our community will also not improve if the school bond does not pass. What an opportunity to attract new young families to our valley. The school system is one of the first things asked about to a realtor when a family is considering moving to the area.
To the people thinking of voting “No…
• Have you ever attended a high school play in the cafetorium? Our talented teachers and students deserve a real stage and a real band room.
• Have you ever tried to watch a basketball game or attend a graduation in our crowded gym?
• This is the best opportunity we will have for state matching funds!
• If the bond passes think of the jobs that will be provided to local contractors and people in the area-what a boom to the economy.
• The schools will be combined no matter what happens-would you want to send your kids to a school with portable classrooms?
I am not a wealthy person but, someone paid for my mom to go to school in Chewelah, someone paid for me to go to school in Chewelah and someone paid for my kids to attend the Chewelah schools, AND NOW IT IS MY TURN!! I AM VOTING YES!
Patsy (Stroyan) Cotter