Annual dinner, auction set for this Saturday
By Carolyn Jones/Hands Across Nations
Generous donors plus willing hearts and hands equals a fabulous dinner and auction benefiting Hands Across Nations (HAN), our local 501c3 which has been ministering in N. Uganda for over 13 years. Next Saturday, October 1, 4:30 p.m. at the Chewelah Civic Center, those who have been working with HAN in Uganda this past year will be there to tell of the progress made in teaching villagers and prisoners to read and write in their tribal language. A local cast of actors will present a skit which will both entertain and report what has happened in prisons there.
Unique and useful items and opportunities will be up for auction to support Hands Across Nations over the next year. Just to give you an idea of what may interest you along with the dinner and skit, to the right are some items you will find for auction.
This special night, held only once a year, is meant to give the people of our area an accounting for how the financial support in the past year has been tremendously effective for thousands of the poor and illiterate Lango tribal people of N. Uganda. In an age when there are many reports of scams and people using donated funds incorrectly, HAN endeavors to honor God by being on the scene using and distributing funds in the way intended, and being transparent in reporting how they are being used. This is your opportunity to see the results of these efforts and what is planned for the next year and beyond.
Join us for a night to remember! Tickets are available at Akers United Drugstore, Chewelah, and by contacting Carolyn Jones, Co-Director of Hands Across Nations, 509-979-7448, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHAT’S IN THE AUCTION?
• 10 YARD DUMP TRUCK LOAD OF BEAUTY BARK
from Vaagen Brothers Lumber
• 1 ½ TONS HAY
Pick up load
• 2 CORDS OF FIREWOOD, one already cut, the other cut to your specifications
• SCENIC PLANE RIDE & DINNER FOR 2
Several Super-Duper, over the top & wonderful
• OPPORTUNITIES TO PARTNER WITH HAN
in the projects, programs and equipment in the next year
• MAN BASKET NO. 1
Compound bow, ammunition, pocket knives, Preppers Pocket Guide, journal, Duck Dynasty book set
• MAN BASKET NO. 2
Tape measure, multi-tool, pocket knife, Ace bucket, hammer, wrench, socket thing.
• CHARCOAL BASKET #1
• CHARCOAL BASKET #2
• CANNED GOODS AND COOKBOOK
• BREAD BOX ITEMS, POPCORN POPPER AND COOKBOOK
• GRANDMA BASKET
Paving stone kit, Narnia book set, large ball, sidewalk chalk, arm bands, goggles, and kid’s cookbooks, bubbles, Frisbee etc.
• BABY BASKET
Teddy bears, blanket, snow globe, washcloths, book…
• LADY’S BASKET Blanket, journal, teas, white mugs, jewelry, book, candles, soap.
• TEA TRAY
• GARDENING BASKET Watering can, tools, gloves, bulbs, kneeling mat, bird feeder and food, solar light, hat…
• DOG BASKET Jerky, treats, rawhide chews, toys, leash.
• COUPLE/ROMANCE BASKET Photo frames, candle, cheese plate, man’s watch, handmade jewelry, wine.
• PRIEST LAKE BASKET
• FALL BASKET
• CHRISTMAS BASKET
• COFFEE BASKET
• AFRICAN CHRISTMAS BASKET
• DEVOTIONAL BASKET
• SPA BASKET
• HENRI PETER PAINTING
• GUITAR and RECORDER
• RED KITCHEN BASKET
• AFRICAN STOOL AND ORNAMENTS
• YARN, WEAVING BOOKS, TEXTILES
• SEWING/CRAFTERS BASKET
• RUBBER STAMP BASKET
• SCROLLED WOOD ITEM
• TWO FINAL LIONS TRAIN RIDE TICKETS
• Susan Rios, signed and numbered, limited edition, framed and matted print of “Rosie” painting