The Chewelah Valley Lions Club invites all area youngsters to enter the International Peace Poster Contest. The 2016 theme is “A Celebration of Peace.”
The following rules apply:
• Open to students who are 11, 12, or 13 on November 15, 2016.
• Eligible birth dates 11/16/03 through 11/15/05.
• Artwork must be no smaller than 13”x20” and no larger than 20”x24”.
• Do not mat, frame or laminate artwork.
• Must be a single student’s original artwork.
• All media accepted. Note: Chalk, charcoal or pastels should be sprayed with a fixative.
• No three-dimensional work will be accepted. Nothing may be glued, stapled or attached to the artwork.
• No lettering or numbering on the posters.
• Students need to put their names and their school/guardian on the back of the artwork.
• Artwork should be done on flexible material so it can be rolled for shipping. Do not fold posters.
• Due October 14, 2016.
• Please call Kay Lupton 936-2010 by Oct. 10, 2016 if you have posters to enter.
The Chewelah Valley Lions Club will select two posters from the entries submitted. The two winning posters will be sent to on to the next level of competition.
2 First Prizes: $30 per poster
The classroom teachers of the winning young artists will also receive an award.
Children are taught at an early age that it is good to share; this contest is a wonderful opportunity to work with youth in the community and stress the importance of sharing peace, tolerance and international understanding.
Students should think about Peace and creatively express what it means to them.
-Submitted by Chewelah Valley Lions