KCHW’s Boofest 2012 is shaping up to be a wonderful family event, so be sure not to miss it! It’s happening on Friday, October 26 with events going on throughout the evening! Here’s a schedule of events so that you won’t miss out on any of the spooktacular fun:
• 4-6 p.m. – Trick or Treating at local businesses
• 6 p.m. – Food service starts at Civic Center generously provided free of charge by the Chewelah Kiwanis Club!
• 6 p.m. – Hay Rides begin, provided by Sweet Meadows Farm
• 6 p.m. – Costume Contest at the Civic Center
• 7:30 p.m. – Awards and drawing for Passport Trick-or-treating winner and Jack-O-Lantern Contest Winner
• 8-11 p.m. – Monster Mash! (games will continue throughout the night)
Boofest begins with trick-or-treating at local businesses from 4-6 p.m. A “Boofest Passport” that will have a map of all participating businesses will be available in the October 25 edition of The Independent. At each stop children will get a “stamp” on their passport to show which businesses they have visited. Children who get ALL the stamps completed in their Boofest Passport will be eligible to enter their passport into a drawing for a prize!
There is also a window decorating contest for area businesses! Windows must be decorated in a Halloween or Fall theme and be completed by October 20. The prize for the window decorating contest is a sponsorship package on KCHW 102.7 FM valued at $200! For a small donation the Chewelah Arts Guild has offered to help with window painting too! If you would like some talented help with your windows please contact Kay Comer-Lupton at 509-936-2010. Please let us know if you plan to participate in the window decorating contest so our judges don’t miss your window!
For more information or if your business/organization would like to participate in Boofest 2012 please contact KCHW at 935-6627 and leave a message or contact Schelley at 509-675-2613. Businesses and organizations with no storefront or in out-of-the way locations will be able to set up tables at KCHW across from the Civic Center. See you at Boofest!